Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Better Late than Never

As I move through my class schedule I have been doing some reflection on my experiences and how they are impacting me. One of the things that really strikes me is that I leave every class viewing the world around me differently. On one hand I am gaining insight into new realms of thought and feel the rush of acquiring this new knowledge. I know that currently I do not have a firm enough grasp on these new realities to be able to teach them but believe that confidence will come with time and effort. On the other hand, I feel that all these years I believed I was a fairly smart, open minded, and articulate person. I now look back at myself from a few short months ago and wonder about all of the things that I was missing because I was blinded by my own belief in my intelligent s. I did not have the ability to recognize or decode the meaning of so many things that I am now aware of. How different a person I would now be if I could have been armed with this knowledge at an earlier age. I am very grateful and they always say: Better late than never!

I wonder if any of my cohort are felling the same way. Saddened by the opportunities for personnel growth that were missed and how that could have changed our lives if we were able to grasp them at an earlier age.

No comments: