Monday, November 23, 2009

My first lesson

I just taught my first lesson. It was a student centered lesson that answered the main question of "Why do we study history?" It was great to finally lead the class and it was a great learning experience. I feel the lesson was received very well by the students and participation in activities was high. My main learning was for the need to be aware of and prepare slight modifications to the lesson to suite each classes unique make-up better. Rather than give the exact same lesson over and over I will need to script specific questions and alter the pacing to account for the differences in learning abilities between the classes. All classes are not constructed with the same abilities. I look forward to using this new knowledge when I do my next lesson before the break.

No comments: